Thursday, July 17, 2008

Birthday Presents (guest post by Anna Kate Nolan)


My 13th birthday was 10 days ago, and as a birthday present my dad bought me a Butterfly of Life necklace. Being the age that I am the first reaction that went through my mind was "pretty butterfly necklace" but after all the guests left, my dad sat me down and told me what this necklace stood for. "The Butterfly stands for cancer awareness" he told me. "10 percent of every butterfly necklace, pendant, pin, charm or earring sold goes to fighting cancer".

Now cancer has affected my life as well as the thousands of other people on this earth. I lost my Grandma to cancer, and my aunt was just recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I understand what this necklace stands for. Not only does it remind me of what my dad does, it connects me to my grandmother who passed away. It also keeps me thinking of the toll that cancer has taken from my life as well as so may others. Thank you Butterfly of Life.

Anna Kate Nolan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home