Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Shirley's Story

"I was diagnosed with breast cancer ten years ago at the age of 34. The cancer was aggressive, and had already spread extensively in my lymph nodes. At the time, my daughter was just four years old.

While the past ten years have been filled with many treatments, surgeries and anxious moments, they have mainly been filled with life and hope. Cancer teaches many things, from how precious each moment is, to how to make tough choices and assert our needs and rights. I’ve come to admire the courage and determination of many survivors I’ve met along the way.

To me, the Butterfly of Life represents the freedom and beauty of hope that transcends cancer. I am honored to know Rita (the designer) and am grateful that she’s designed this beautiful symbol of life."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home